Are you a campaigner who wants to work within and beyond parliament to build support for deeper democracy and a just transition to a post-carbon, wellbeing-based economy? Alongside Compass, I’m hiring a Creative Campaigner.
We are looking for someone who is passionate, committed and keen to learn and is comfortable working in a small and lively team that spans Compass and my office.
This role involves:
- Planning and delivering campaigns on climate justice, building the movement for a just transition and a Green New Deal.
- Boosting Compass’ Win As One campaign, with a particular focus on creative digital communications, social media and crafting powerful stories about democratic cooperation.
- Engaging and growing our supporter base to maximise impact through email messaging, graphics and social.
- Connecting parliamentary activity with grassroots campaigning, making the links between communicable activities and work on the ground.
Experience, qualifications and knowledge
- At least 2 years experience in the political campaigning sector: whether in a not-for-profit, trade union, political party, charity, NGO or grassroots organisation.
- Digital campaign communications: you may have written copy for a petition, designed social media graphics to raise the profile of a campaign or mapped out an email journey to turn people out to an event.
- Experience working on campaigns or projects with tight deadlines: you can manage your own time and keep to realistic work schedules.
- A grasp of the mechanisms of a campaign and good knowledge of the digital tools for the job, such as email tools, graphics programmes and social media. Knowledge of HTML is a plus.
- Experience of supporting people to take action through effective communications and helping build the capacity of a supporter community.
- An understanding of the UK progressive political scene and support for the aims, values and vision of Clive Lewis MP and Compass.
What this role might look like on the day to day:
- Writing copy for an email journey reporting on the progress of the Green New Deal bill through Parliament.
- Creating punchy messaging for a textbank to turn out Compass supporters to an event.
- Selecting images for social or campaigns material that encapsulate our campaigns.
- Analysing data from the last email campaign to figure out what worked and what didn’t.
- Meeting with our partners in the climate sector to plan strategic comms for a parliamentary debate.
- Constructing a comms plan to keep our newest supporters engaged and excited.
Deadline for applications will be 9am on Tuesday 21st November.
If you have any problems meeting these deadlines/dates, or have questions about the role, you can contact Frances on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read more and apply for the role here.