Closing date for applications: Sunday 29th May 2022 at 23:59
Job Title: Communications Officer
Contract: Permanent (subject to a 6-month probationary period). 40 hours per week.
Salary: In line with the IPSA pay range (band: £32,000 – £43,740)
Location: London. Travel to Norwich will be required (up to 4 days per month). Travel costs to the constituency will be covered.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Clive Lewis MP is looking to recruit a creative and proactive Communications Officer to join his team. The central focus of the role will be on creating digital content to communicate the MP’s parliamentary and constituency activities on social media, handling the MP’s social media channels and website, and creating a range of communications materials to engage with Norwich South constituents, such as letters and surveys.
The successful applicant will have an imaginative approach to communications, prior experience of creating digital content for social media, and experience of writing for a range of audiences.
To apply for this role, you can be a self-taught digital guru. You do not need formal qualifications in digital content software, or a university degree. You can draw on experience gained through volunteering, campaigning, and / or personal projects.
- Digital content creation skills including video filming and editing and graphics production
- Experience of coordinating content across multiple social media channels
- An understanding of and interest in social media trends
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- The ability to initiate and implement creative ideas quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Highly organised, with the ability to manage and prioritise a heavy workload
- An understanding of and sympathy with the aims and goals of progressive politics
- Experience of developing framing and strategic communications
- Experience of content planning and scheduling
- Familiarity with the Adobe Creative Suite
Interviews will take place on Thursday 9th June.
CVs will not be accepted. Please download and return a completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER – COMPLETED APPLICATION’ in the subject line.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info.