Here are my answers from the National Union of Students (@NUSUK) Twitter debate that took place with the parliamentary candidates for Norwich South:
1. What does a new deal for the next generation look like?
A decent, stable job; a place to call home; a society that values social justice over greed; a habitable environment #GenerationVote
2. Do you think tuition fees should be reduced or abolished altogether?
As an NUS VP Education back in 1996 I fought for free education.Nothing has changed.It's as right now as it was then
3. The NHS is under threat – how will you help?
Repealing this govts NHS privatisation programme;investing an extra £2.5bn a yr;integrating health&adult social care #GenerationVote
4. What can you do to tackle youth unemployment?
Rebalance the economy frm over reliance on the City;Estblsh a Nat Invst Bank; Create 1m green & hi-tech jobs by 2025 #GenerationVote
5. What is your role in good community/campus relations?
To engage with & be seen at all three campuses & reminding folk that we're all part of a fabulous, diverse community #GenerationVote
6. What will you do to support and nurture the creative industries?
Spprt creatives through our Nat Invst Bank;ensure the internet remains an open platform&hi speed broadband available #GenerationVote
7. What will you do to create a fairer society for women?
Help fight for equal pay, equal access to jobs, freedom from sexual harassment & violence, free universal childcare #GenerationVote
8. Should the national minimum wage be the Living wage?
Yes it shld be.This govts low skill,low wage,zero-hour,zero-hope Victorian economic model has failed us all #epicfail #GenerationVote
9. What would you do to improve public transport in Norwich and transport links to Norwich?
Allow our councils to set bus fares, decide routes & integrate services. Fight for a publicly owned rail service #GenerationVote
10. Should UK reintroduce a post-study work visa for international students?
Yes it should.Turning away post-study foreign students,some of the brightest&best in the world,is economic stupidity #GenerationVote
Pleas read my blog for more!